Tag it, bookmark it, blog it but whatever you do, read it and pass it on. danah boyd has announced this exciting special issue. As danah says "Please feel free to pass this announcement on to anyone you think might find value from this special issue. "
JCMC Special Theme Issue on "Social Network Sites"
Guest Editors: danah boyd and Nicole Ellison
- "Social Network Sites: Definition, History, and Scholarship" by danah boyd and Nicole Ellison
- "Signals in Social Supernets" by Judith Donath
- "Social Network Profiles as Taste Performances" by Hugo Liu
- "Whose Space? Differences Among Users and Non-Users of Social Network Sites" by Eszter Hargittai
- "Cying for Me, Cying for Us: Relational Dialectics in a Korean Social Network Site" by Kyung-Hee Kim and Haejin Yun
- "Public Discourse, Community Concerns, and Civic Engagement: Exploring Black Social Networking Traditions on BlackPlanet.com" by Dara Byrne
- "Mobile Social Networks and Social Practice: A Case Study of Dodgeball" by Lee Humphreys
- "Publicly Private and Privately Public: Social Networking on YouTube" by Patricia Lange