This post supplements information linked to from Projects, in the right sidebar menu. Thematic clusters are a component of the new environment for the U&I programme as we move into the benefits realisation phase. The purposes of clusters are to help support projects, to create a synthesis across project outputs, and facilitate serendipity.
Those of you who are following Emerge developments on the platform may have noticed this post: “Tweaking the Clusters”
The community needs a chance to define its internal dimensions of demarcation. I used a survey to interrogate the community members about their views of dimensions of participation.
The result has been four clusters. Could could people please:
- mail me with corrections to this list
- comment below this post on the thematic clusters
- check their information on the Projects page
- Social networking and collaborative learning through information discovery and exchange
- Multimedia social technologies for engagement, reflection and learning
- Shifting centres: time, place, agency and technologies for learning
- Web2.0 platforms for learning, teaching and skills development