Powered by Elgg

Audio Supported Enhanced Learning (ASEL) :: Forum

From Ubiquitous Audio Wiki password
Will Stewart
Will Stewart

Jul 23, 07

For those of you who are interested, the Ubiquitous Audio wiki can be found here.

The password is audio

The UALL community is using it to share our ideas on the project and to make a start on the structure and content of our bid. 

Feel free to contribute. 

aporia

Jul 24, 07

hi Will,

am interested in the possibility of ubiquitous platform development for supporting collaborative bids arising from our emerge community

as such, am wondering why the UALL community has opted to set up a pbwiki as separate to the emerge (elgg) wiki?

am hoping to be able to participate ubiquitously with UALL otherwise Wink

Will Stewart

Jul 24, 07

Hi Aporia

I had a look at the Emerge wiki but didn't see any way of structuring it in the way I wanted to. We wanted a wiki where we were able to create individual pages for each of the project partners, as well as ones for material relevant to the bid.

I couldn't see a way of creating a self-contained wiki in Emerge. Maybe I missed something and it can be done.

Anyone is welcome to contribute to the UALL wiki and I'd welcome your contribution.

Will 

aporia

Jul 24, 07

hi Will,

thanks for clarifying - know you had intended to come to the first emerge barnraising event, but flooding at the time made travelling difficult

Joe had showcased the Emerge Wiki at the time, questioning whether this may need to be personalised to some degree depending on how emerging communities may wish to develop their own project bid collaborative processes

although the current Emerge Wiki is based on the one that comes with Elgg, it is powered by Mediawiki which may be shaped otherwise

Joe has set up a Support Centre to help manage such requests for community driven personalisation - if you should request a self-contained wiki via this channel, there's a good chance you might get one

of course, will be happy to join you once it's done

ps - we also set up an Emerge Forum area to keep track of any related issues as and when they should arise - perhaps catch you there also at some point? Smile

Will Stewart

Jul 24, 07

Hi Aporia

Many thanks for your comments. I don't think we should get too hung up on one wiki or another. The PB wiki meets my needs and the Emerge wiki doesn't. I'm not a techie and will always use the most appropriate tools I can get my hands on. I've been an admirer of Elgg for a couple of years now and think it is a useful, but not perfect, tool. 

I'm also a Moodle user and have my own site (www.twoodle.net) - but, again, it's not perfect. I use the bits that work and find other places for the bits that don't.

PBwiki is fine for what I want to do. Linking to it is no problem. It would be good if Joe could get the Emerge wiki set up so projects could have a discrete area. However, I really don't feel that I am excluding anyone from within the community from contributing towards the UALL wiki and I am more than happy for you to join us. 

aporia

Jul 25, 07

certainly appreciate your train of reasoning unfolding here Will - perennial question(s) might be: most appropriate for whom, over what project development trajectory, and could this approach be scaled in a manner sustainable for the intended project duration, if not immediately supportive of possibly related programmes on the horizon?

this discussion tracks here ... thanks for kicking us off Cool

Add new comment...